340:50-10-1. Scope and applicability
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) food benefits are delivered by an on-line electronic benefit transfer (EBT) system where the benefits are stored in a central computer database and electronically accessed by eligible households at the point of sale via plastic EBT cards, called Access Oklahoma, and personal identification numbers (PIN).
(1) Upon initial certification, households are issued a notice indicating an availability date to access their benefits. • 1
(2) Each month a client is approved for SNAP food benefits, the EBT system credits benefits to the client's food benefit account.The client uses the Access Oklahoma card and his or her PIN to purchase food from a business approved to accept food benefits, by the United States Department of Agriculture.
1.Food benefit issuance dates vary.The Oklahoma Department of Human Services sends regular-roll food benefits to Conduent, the contractor, after deadline each month.Regular-roll food benefit issuance is staggered and issued over three days each month to improve food benefit households' access to fresh food products, particularly in rural areas with smaller grocery stores.The date food benefits issue is determined by the last digit of the household's case number.Food benefits issue on the:
(1) first day of the month for case numbers ending with zero through three;
(2) fifth day of the month for case numbers ending with four through six; and
(3) tenth day of the month for case numbers ending with seven through nine.