Skip to main content

Library: Policy

340:50-10-11. Food benefit household leaves the state

Revised 6-1-10

       When a household moves to another state and has food benefits remaining in their account, the household must either use the food benefits in Oklahoma prior to leaving or find a retailer in another state that accepts the Access Oklahoma card.  The Access Oklahoma card can be used in most states as most major retailers accept the Access Oklahoma card.   • 1

Revised 1-15-19

1.(a) When a client notifies the worker the household moved or plans to move to another state, the worker advises the household to use the food benefits on the Access Oklahoma electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card in Oklahoma when possible, before leaving the state.When the household already moved and has trouble locating a retailer that accepts the Access Oklahoma EBT card, the worker gives the household the phone number for the local food benefit office and suggests the household contact the office to locate a retailer that accepts the Access Oklahoma EBT card.The worker updates the client's address, closes the food benefits effective the first day of the next month using the second deadline on the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS) Appendix B-2, Deadlines for Case Actions, and enters a Family Assistance/Client Services (FACS) case note regarding the move and benefit closure.

(b) When needed, the worker contacts the DHS Financial Services Electronic Payment Systems Unit for a list of retailers in the new state that accepts the Access Oklahoma EBT card and mails the list to the client.

(c) When the household moves out-of-state and reports they no longer have their Access Oklahoma EBT card and need a card, the worker instructs the household to contact Conduent at 1-888-328-6551 or to go online at to request a replacement card and updates the client's address, when needed.

Back to Top