340:2-11-121. Per diem
Per diem expenses are reimbursable when an employee or non-employee is in overnight travel status pursuant to Title 74, Section 500.8 and 500.9 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
(1) Authorized per diem reimbursement rates depend on the travel location identified in General Services Administration (GSA) Continental United States (CONUS) rates for domestic locations and for locations outside of the Continental United States (OCONUS). • 1
(2) When employees receive meals as part of a work-related event, per diem reimbursement is reduced by twenty-five percent for each meal. Refreshments, such as coffee or snacks, do not count as meals. • 2
(3) Out-of-state reimbursement for per diem does not begin more than 24 hours before, or continue for more than 24 hours after the objective of the trip, except as stated in this paragraph. Under limited circumstances involving airline travel, reimbursement may begin as many as 48 hours before and, extend for as many as 48 hours after the trip objective when airfare is lower than the amount reimbursed had the 24-hour rule been applied. Any extra day must be a weekend day. • 3
(4) The total reimbursement including time that exceeded the 24-hour rule cannot be more than the amount of eligible reimbursement, when the 24-hour rule is applied, including the airline rate available at the time. • 4
1. Per diem rates are available at the U.S. General Services Administration website.
2. Employees and non-employees attach a copy of work-related agenda or event notice with reimbursement request.
3. The Support Services, Departmental Services Unit (DSU), travel coordinator recommends the propriety of utilizing the 24 and 48 hour rules. The travel coordinator determines the most advantageous flight times for Oklahoma Human Services. An employee or non-employee is not reimbursed for per diem, lodging, and travel expenses for the time that precedes or follows the recommended time.
4. Documentation of comparison cost analysis obtained from the DSU travel coordinator under both scenarios must be included with the travel reimbursement request.