340:105-10-53. Political and sales activities at Title III projects
(a) Policy. The Area Agency shall develop policy related to political and sales activities at Title III funded service sites, e.g. multipurpose senior centers, congregate meal sites, etc.
(b) Authority. The authority for OAC 340:105-10-53 is 45 CFR Part 1321.11.
(c) Procedures. The Area Agency shall develop written policy for political and sales activities at Title III Project sites within the following guidelines:
(1) Title III program activities may not endorse or oppose a candidate, solicit campaign funds or include any activity designed to influence the results of a partisan election;
(2) Title III program participants may not be required to participate in any political or sales activities conducted at or through the project site;
(3) Sales or political activities may not be conducted during the serving or eating of meals. The protected time for meals shall be from one to one and one-half hours depending on the number of meal participants;
(4) Political materials may be distributed at Title III project sites by/for a candidate for elective office;
(5) Formal or group presentations on behalf of a candidate/issue shall be permitted only if all candidates are offered equal opportunity and time, and/or if all sides of an issue are presented; and
(6) Program participants and advisory council members shall have input into the development of sales activities guidelines as well as any additional restrictions on political activities, as appropriate. Salespersons shall be denied access to the project site if the participants do not wish to have the activity or, if there is reasonable evidence (as judged by the project management) that the salesperson and/or product may exploit or cause harm to the participants.
(d) Cross references. There are no cross references for political and sales activities at Title III Projects.