340:105-10-31. Responsibilities of area agencies on aging
(a) Policy. Area agencies on aging (AAAs) are responsible for activities related to the development or enhancement of comprehensive and coordinated community-based systems of services in the planning and service areas (PSAs), including:
(1) establishing and maintaining an AAA advisory council;
(2) developing an Area Plan on Aging as prescribed by the State Agency on Aging;
(3) administering the Area Plan on Aging;
(4) coordinating all area activities related to the purposes of the Older Americans Act, and actively pursuing resource development at the local and area levels;
(5) targeting resources to older persons in greatest social and economic need;
(6) developing, coordinating, and administering an Emergency Preparedness Plan;
(7) serving as a visible and effective advocate for older persons in the PSA;
(8) granting funding to local sponsors for the provision of direct Title III services;
(9) designating one or more focal points on aging in each community for the maximum collocation and coordination of services for older persons;
(10) monitoring and evaluating the local service projects; and
(11) providing technical assistance and training to Title III project staff related to responsibilities under Title III of the Older Americans Act.
(b) Authority. The authority for this Section is Sections 1321.53 and 1321.61 of Title 45 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
(c) Procedures. Procedures are outlined separately in this Part for each area of responsibility identified in (a) of this Section.
(d) Cross references. See OAC 340:105-10-33 through 340:105-10-45.