Skip to main content

Library: Policy

317:30-5-95.44. Residential substance use disorder (SUD) - Eligible providers and requirements

Revised 9-1-21

(a) Eligible providers shall:

(1) Have and maintain current certification from the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) as a residential level of care provider of SUD treatment services, unless exempt from state jurisdiction or an exempted entity as defined in Section 3-415 of Title 43A of the Oklahoma Statutes;

(2) Have a contract with the OHCA;

(3) Have a Certificate of Need, if required by ODMHSAS in accordance with OAC 450:18-17-2 or OAC 450:24-27-2.

(4) Have a current accreditation status appropriate to provide residential behavioral health services from:

(A) The Joint Commission; or

(B) The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitative Facilities (CARF); or

(C) The Council on Accreditation (COA).

(b) Providers certified by ODMHSAS as a residential level of care provider of SUD treatment services prior to October 1, 2020 shall have until January 1, 2022 to obtain accreditation as required in (4) above.

(c) Residential treatment facilities providing SUD treatment services to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) must have a residential child care facility license from the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS). Residential treatment facilities providing child care services must have a child care center license from DHS.