Skip to main content

Student Loan Forgiveness and Cancellations

​A career in public service may enable you to reduce your student loan debt. DHS staff directly employed in positions providing services to high-risk children and their families from low-income communities may be eligible to apply for forgiveness or cancellation of their Perkins or Stafford student loans.

For more information:

Under certain conditions, the federal government may cancel part of an education loan for those working in the public service sector:

To find out if you qualify, contact the financial aid office at the college or university you attended when you obtained the student loan. If you're interested in a career with DHS, please email the HRM Employment Services Unit or call (405) 521-3613 for more information.

Back to Top