I-44 closes at I-35 Monday night
All lanes of eastbound I-44 will be closed at I-35 from 8 p.m. Monday to 6 a.m. Tuesday and nightly through Thursday morning to hang bridge beams as part of ongoing work in the area.
Drivers have multiple detour options including:
- Northbound US-77/Broadway Extension to eastbound US-77/E. 2nd St. to I-35
- Southbound I-235 to eastbound I-40 to northbound I-35
Drivers wanting to access the turnpike network can use:
Northbound US-77/Broadway Extension to eastbound John Kilpatrick Turnpike and continue onto the Turner Turnpike
Please note, the eastbound I-44 ramp to southbound I-35 and all lanes of I-35 will remain open during this work.
I-35, I-44 narrowed near N. 63rd St. through 2025
The following closures are in place through 2025 for bridge reconstruction:
- Eastbound I-44 is narrowed to one lane at I-35 through June.
- The northbound Lincoln Blvd. on-ramp to westbound I-44 is narrowed without shoulders.
- The northbound I-35 off-ramp to N. 63rd St. is closed through summer 2023.
- The left lane of eastbound I-44 is closed between Martin Luther King Ave. and I-35/I-44 junction.
- Northbound Bryant Ave. is narrowed to one lane between 50th St. and Aluma Valley Dr. through summer 2023.
- East and Westbound N. 63rd street is closed between Bryant Ave. and Martin Luther King Ave. Use Bryant Ave. and Martin Luther King Ave. as alternate routes.
- Northbound and southbound I-35 is narrowed to two lanes in each direction between N. 50th St. and Wilshire Blvd.
- Westbound I-44 is narrowed to one lane from Wilshire Blvd. to Martin Luther King Ave.
- The southbound I-35 on-ramp from Bryant Ave. is permanently closed.
Motorists should expect congestion and delays in the area and are encouraged to plan extra travel time.