I-40 narrows between Meridian Ave., Morgan Rd. Sunday through November
East and westbound I-40 will be narrowed between Meridian Ave. and Morgan Rd. beginning Sunday, July 16, through November for resurfacing. Drivers can expect the following closures:
- I-40 will be narrowed, with intermittent ramp closures from 8 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday and nightly through Friday mornings.
- Several weekend closures will have I-40 narrowed to one lane from 8 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. Notice will be sent prior to these weekend closures on our daily OKC traffic advisory.
- All ramps will remain open during weekend work.
- There will not be any weekend work during Tax Free Weekend, Aug. 4 through Aug. 6.
- There will not be any weekend work during Labor Day weekend Sept. 1 through Sept. 4.
There will be at least one lane open at all times, however drivers wanting to avoid the work zone can use:
- East to west drivers can use I-44 to SH-66 to SH-4 or I-44 to SH-152 to SH-4
- West to east drivers can use SH-4 to SH-66 to I-44 or SH-4 to SH-152 to I-44
- Drivers wanting to use the Turnpike network can still access the John Kilpatrick Turnpike from I-40.