Skip to main content

Major construction project starts on IDL in Tulsa Sept. 20

Friday, September 17, 2021

The project below is weather permitting:

Major construction project starts on IDL in Tulsa Sept. 20  

The next major project for the Inner Dispersal Loop in Tulsa begins Sept. 20. This resurfacing project starts on southbound US-75 (east leg of the IDL), and it will greatly impact travel around downtown. Drivers are urged to plan for expected delays in these areas.

Various ramps closures are included as part of the first phase. Traffic will detour to the other legs of the IDL.

• Westbound I-244 to southbound US-75
  • Eastbound I-244 to southbound US-75
  • Southbound US-75 to eastbound I-244/US-412
  • Southbound US-75 to eastbound US-64/SH-51/Broken Arrow Expressway
  • Southbound US-75 to westbound SH-51/US-64
  • 8th St. on ramp to southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 and eastbound US-64/SH-51/Broken Arrow Expressway
  • 7th St. off ramp from southbound US-75.
  • 1st St. off ramp from southbound US-75/westbound I-244/Admiral Blvd.

This $26 million project will reconstruct all pavement, barriers and lighting on the east leg of the Inner Dispersal Loop (US-75). The project will also rehabilitate the Archer St., 8th St., and 11th St. bridges.

The southbound US-75 lanes of the east leg will be closed Monday, Sept. 20, until further notice. Motorists should expect significant delays on all downtown highway corridors, especially during peak travel times. Traffic switches are expected later in the project to close northbound US-75.

Specific lane and ramp closures will be announced in the daily Traffic Advisories section of odot.org as they are scheduled. The entire project is expected to complete in early 2023, weather permitting.

Drivers can sign up for daily Traffic Advisories at www.odot.org, which detail upcoming lane closure information as it is scheduled. Enter an email address in the box provided under “Stay Connected” on the main page of this website.

Last Modified on Sep 17, 2021