March Transportation Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, March 6
The Oklahoma Transportation Commission’s monthly meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday, March 6, in the R.A. Ward Transportation Building, 200 N.E. 21st St., Oklahoma City. Members of the public and media are invited to attend or watch the livestream video online.
Items to be addressed at the meeting:
- Secretary of Transportation and ODOT Executive Director Tim Gatz and commissioners will welcome newly appointed At-Large Commissioner Michael Junk.
- Secretary Gatz will update commissioners on an $800,000 emergency bridge repair the US-412/I-244 bridge to Tisdale Expressway in Tulsa.
- Commissioners will be briefed on the department's partnership with HALO (Hydrogen in Arkansas, Louisiana and Oklahoma) and the Oklahoma Secretary of Energy and Environment's hydrogen hub efforts.
- Commissioners are expected to vote on whether to award several contracts, among them, a combined estimated $40 million in resurfacing projects statewide, including US-69 in Muskogee and Atoka counties and a resurfacing project on I-40 in Oklahoma City from the John Kilpatrick Turnpike east three miles.
The full agenda may be viewed here.
To watch the commission meeting video livestream:
- Ustream (Turn up the volume on your computer or other device and on Ustream)
- The meeting also will be recorded, captioned and available to the public online later.
The commission, a nine-member panel appointed by the governor and legislative leaders to oversee the state’s transportation development, awards project contracts for road and bridge construction on a monthly basis.