February Transportation Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, Feb. 6
The Oklahoma Transportation Commission’s monthly meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday, Feb. 6, in the R.A. Ward Transportation Building, 200 N.E. 21st St., Oklahoma City. Members of the public and media are invited to attend or watch the livestream video online.
Items to be addressed at the meeting:
- Secretary of Transportation and ODOT Executive Director Tim Gatz will update commissioners on a $750,000 emergency bridge repair on I-35 over SH-39 in Purcell, McClain County.
- Commissioners will be briefed on the “Fair Miles Oklahoma” financial pilot program that could help replace declining motor fuel taxes as a resource for infrastructure funding.
- Secretary Gatz will discuss the recently awarded $85 million federal National Infrastructure Project Assistance Mega Grant, the largest transportation grant in state history, for the reconstruction of the I-44/US-75 corridor in Tulsa.
- Commissioners will consider approving the final $22 million Off Broadway phase to construct new westbound I-44 ramps to northbound US-77 Broadway Extension with a direct connection from Lincoln Blvd. to N. 63rd in Oklahoma City.
- Commissioners are expected to vote on whether to award several contracts, among them, an estimated more than $24 million pavement rehabilitation project on I-40 between the US-281 Spur in Canadian County and I-40 Business in El Reno, a $13 million reconstruction of SH-4 between SH-66 and Wagner Rd. in Yukon and a $1.7 million reconstruction of the First St. on-ramp to I-244 on the west leg of the Inner Dispersal Loop in downtown Tulsa.
The full agenda may be viewed here.
To watch the commission meeting video livestream:
- Ustream (Turn up the volume on your computer or other device and on Ustream)
- The meeting also will be recorded, captioned and available to the public online later.
The commission, a nine-member panel appointed by the governor and legislative leaders to oversee the state’s transportation development, awards project contracts for road and bridge construction on a monthly basis.