December Transportation Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, Dec. 5
The Oklahoma Transportation Commission’s monthly meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday, Dec. 5, in the R.A. Ward Transportation Building, 200 N.E. 21st St., Oklahoma City. Members of the public and media are invited to attend or watch the livestream video online.
Items to be addressed at the meeting:
- The commission will consider approval of a contract to install a Road Weather Information System along the I-40 corridor between the Texas and Arkansas state lines. The system will measure pavement and bridge temperature, precipitation and wind speed as part of the okroads.org inclement weather road conditions map.
- Secretary of Transportation and ODOT Executive Director Tim Gatz will discuss an estimated $30 million upcoming widening project on SH-66 near Arcadia and the installation of traffic cameras at 11 new locations in multiple counties.
- The commission will be asked to vote on whether to award several contracts, among them an estimated $4 million resurfacing project on I-40 near Webbers Falls and a $8.5 million asphalt resurfacing project on US-77/Broadway Extension and 2nd in Edmond.
The full agenda may be viewed here.
To watch the commission meeting video livestream:
- Ustream (Turn up the volume on your computer or other device and on Ustream)
- Zoom (Link to meeting won’t be active until meeting is about to begin)
- The meeting also will be recorded, captioned and available to the public online later.
The commission, a nine-member panel appointed by the governor and legislative leaders to oversee the state’s transportation development, awards project contracts for road and bridge construction on a monthly basis.