June Transportation Commission video teleconference meeting scheduled for Monday, June 7
June 3, 2021
The Oklahoma Transportation Commission’s monthly meeting is scheduled to take place as a video teleconference at 11 a.m. Monday, June 7. Members of the public and media will be able to access the web livestream video or listen by phone by following the instructions at the bottom of this release.
Items to be addressed at the meeting:
- Secretary of Transportation and Oklahoma Department of Transportation Executive Director Tim Gatz will update commission members on transportation funding provisions in the state budget as well as ongoing congressional discussions about federal infrastructure funding and possible interstate designation for US-412.
- The department will recognize worker safety with presentation of its annual awards to the ODOT crews with the best safety records from the past year.
- The commission will be asked to consider a more than $23 million contract for reconstruction and widening of US-70 near Valliant in McCurtain County.
- Commissioners are also expected to consider contracts for lighting improvements on US-64/SH-51/Broken Arrow Expwy. in Tulsa, bridge repair on I-44 in Oklahoma City and US-69 resurfacing in Wagoner County.
The full agenda can be viewed at https://www.odot.org/tcomm/tcmeetings2021.htm and a list of bids for road and bridge projects that will be considered can be viewed at https://www.odot.org/contracts/a2021/pdfs/lowbid2105.pdf
Members of the commission will meet to conduct business remotely by video conference, in compliance with recent legislation, executive orders and Open Meeting Act provisions. The meeting will be accessible to the public by video livestream or by phone by following the instructions below.
To watch the commission meeting video livestream:
- Visit https://video.ibm.com/channel/odot-monthly-commission-meeting
- Adjust the volume on your computer’s speakers and in the Ustream video player
- If the video doesn’t load or cuts out, try watching in a different web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- The meeting will also be recorded, captioned and available to the public online later
To access the commission teleconference by phone this month:
- Call 1-669-900-6833
- When prompted, enter the meeting number 989 0292 8670, followed by #
- If you get a busy signal, wait about 10 seconds and try again
The commission, a nine-member panel appointed by the governor and legislative leaders to oversee the state’s transportation development, awards project contracts for road and bridge construction on a monthly basis.
The next Oklahoma Transportation Commission meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m. July 6.
— www.odot.org —
(Editors and News Directors: For questions about Monday’s meeting, please call the ODOT Media & Public Relations Division at 405-521-6000.)