Transportation Law and Rules
Rule Making Process
Agency rulemaking is governed by the Oklahoma Administrative Procedures Act (APA) at 75 O.S. § 250 et seq. Notice documents required by the Oklahoma Administrative Procedures Act are published in the Oklahoma Register by the Oklahoma Secretary of State's Office of Administrative Rules (OAR). Informational materials on the APA rulemaking process are available at the OAR website. The public is invited to submit comments on proposed permanent rules during the open public comment periods via email at LEndres@odot.org. The APA does not require a public comment period for emergency rules prior to adoption, but when possible, the agency provides an opportunity for public comment on proposed emergency rules.
After the close of the public comment period, proposed permanent rules are submitted to the Department of Transportation Commission for adoption. Proposed permanent rules which have been adopted by the Commission are submitted to the Legislature and Governor for review in accordance with the requirements of the Administrative Procedures Act.
2023 Proposed Administrative Rules
- Title 730, Chapter 1, OAC 730:1-5-5
- Title 730, Chapter 30, OAC 730:30-9-2 to 730:9-16
- Title 318, Chapter 1, OAC 318:1-1-1 to 318:1-1-6
- Title 318, Chapter 10, OAC 318:10-1-1 to 318:10-1-11
- Title 318, Chapter 20, OAC 318:20-1-1 to 318:20-1-16
- Title 730, Chapter 1. OAC 730:1-5-2
- Title 730, Chapter 30. OAC 730:3-2
- Title 730, Chapter 35. OAC 730:35-1-4; OAC:730:35-7-3; OAC 730:35-13-4
- Title 730, Chapter 45. OAC 730:45-1-3 and OAC 730:45-1-4
- Title 730, Chapter 35. OAC:730:35-13-1; OAC 730:35-13-2; OAC 730:35-13-3; OAC 730:35:13-4 with Revoked Appendix,D, E&F
Subchapter 7 - Special Permit Loads [Revoked]