Effective MAY 15, 2020 the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety will open offices. Social distancing guidelines will be enforced and the number of customers in the building will be limited.
Every person visiting a DPS facility will be required to wear a face mask that completely covers their nose and mouth and will also have their temperature checked. Guests will have to furnish their own mask. Only people with appointments will be allowed inside the building and only in a volume that will allow for social distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Wrecker services may still conduct services by:
Mail: Dept of Public Safety, PO Box 11415, OKC, OK 73136-0415
Wrecker Services division personnel establish and implement procedures for the licensing, supervision, administration and control of wrecker vehicles, and wrecker and towing services.
Requirements to apply for a DPS license to operate a wrecker company in the state of Oklahoma:
- FAQ's / Frequently Asked Questions
- Instructions on Getting Wrecker License
- Locate a law enforcement towed vehicle
- Search for Highway Remediation and Clean-up Services
- Wrecker Resources
- Wrecker Services Licensed in Oklahoma
- Visit the Corporation Commission (website) if you have questions or complaints regarding rates and fees that wrecker services charge for towing vehicles and vehicle storage.
- Oklahoma Corporation Commission's Nonconsensual Tow Rate Complaint Form (download)