ICWA Grant Program Field Representative
The Oklahoma Indian Child Welfare Association (OICWA), in conjunction with the Oklahoma Department of Human Services and the Court Improvement Program, received a grant to further compliance of the Indian Child Welfare Act through a partnership of Tribal, Court, and Child Welfare stakeholders. See additional information about the Oklahoma ICWA Partnership Grant. There are three positions which are currently available for the four remaining years of this grant. This posting is for ICWA Grant Program Field Representative who will report to the Oklahoma Indian Child Welfare Association, and will collaborate with OKDHS grant staff. This is a full time contract position.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities
Support the Grant Governance Committee and the grant function of the Tribal State Workgroup
- Perform the work of the grant, including support of the governance committee and any subcommittees or workgroups.
- Prepare and present findings of grant work, as needed.
- As directed, assist with the development and implementation of an ICWA practice improvement plan.
- Meet all Open Meeting requirements.
- Grant Coordination
- Coordinate with the grant Senior Researcher position, the OICWA Grant Coordinator position and others as needed to achieve identified grant objectives.
- Budget and Reporting
- Assist with the development and monitoring of grant program contracts, including with OICWA, CIP and any other contracts needed to fulfill grant activities.
- Assist with the development and monitoring of the budgets and expenditures of the grant.
- Assist with the development and management of the preparation, accuracy and submission of required federal reports to the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families.
This is a time limited position. Per Title 74, 840-5.5 (A)(4): "Persons employed with one-time, limited duration, federal or other grant funding that is not continuing or indefinitely renewable. The length of the unclassified employment shall not exceed the period of time for which that specific federal funding is provided."
A conditional offer of employment to the final candidate will be contingent upon a favorable background check and substance abuse screening.
Veteran's preference points do not apply to this position.
Education and/or Experience
A master's degree in social work, business administration, or a closely related field and 3 years of professional experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one additional year of qualifying experience for each year of the required education. A minimum of a bachelor degree is required.
Additional Job Requirements
Regular travel across Oklahoma and occasional travel outside Oklahoma is necessary.
Skills and Abilities Required
Must have a valid Oklahoma driver's license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
Proven experience working across disciplines.
Social services, ICWA, or Child Welfare experience.
Experience with a Tribal program or a program which interfaced with Tribes.
The monthly hiring rate for this position is $4,437.42. This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
Position Reports To
Child Welfare Community Collaborative ICWA Grant Programs Manager
Apply For this Job
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to: CWS.ICWA.firstname.lastname@example.org
July 14th, 2017