Provider update: July 22, 2020
To: ADvantage DME, Home Care Providers, and Case Management Providers
Subject: Gloves (A4927) on Member Service Plans
Date: July 22, 2020
As we continue to see limited supplies of Gloves (A4927) across the country, MSU is trying to forward resources to providers when identified.
A bulletin was sent out on 7/14/2020 regarding a resource for obtaining supplies from South Central Industries. In addition to this resource, another option for agencies may be to go through their Regional Emergency Management Coordinator. Contact information may be obtained from the local county health department at:
If an individual Member requires gloves to meet his or her service needs, the Case Manager should:
- Contact the DME provider to see if they can supply the gloves before placing the request on the Member's service plan to avoid potential delays in service.
- If the DME provider can supply gloves but at a rate higher than the standard $10.00, the Case Manager must obtain verbal bids from two other DME providers.
- The Case Manager should then:
- Enter the service line for gloves for the standard $10 rate or the lowest bid;
- Include the Provider Names and corresponding rates for the two higher/equivalent bids in the Comments box.
An example of a planned service line with documentation of a $12.00, $15.00, and $16.00 bid is shown on the next page.
AGING SERVICES | MEDICAID SERVICES UNIT
ADvantage Administration | State Plan Personal Care
Office: 918-933-4900 | CareLine: 800-435-4711