Provider Update: June 30, 2021
To: ADvantage Case Managers
Subject: Uniform Comprehensive Assessment Tool Changes effective 7/19/2021
Date: June 30, 2021
Effective 7/19/2021 a new version of the Uniform Comprehensive Assessment Tool (UCAT) will be available for use in the Harmony System.
The UCAT updates were made in collaboration with the Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA) to improve the flow and add clarity to certain questions.
- Please join us on 7/6/2021 at 11 AM for a 1 ½ hour special Harmony Highlights training regarding UCAT changes.
*This session will be recorded
- Starting 7/19/2021 the CM must not duplicate the old version of the “Uniform Comprehensive Assessment – Part I” OR “Uniform Comprehensive Assessment – Part III”. If these older versions are duplicated, they will not have the updated questions and formatting.
- Instead, the new document titled “Uniform Comprehensive Assessment Tool (UCAT)” must be created and completed before future duplication of the document may occur.
- The new UCAT will take the place of both the previous UCAT I and UCAT III documents.
- The MSU Eligibility Services Unit is currently transitioning into the Harmony system.
- During this transition, assessments for new Members will transmit to Harmony using the old version of the documents. The worker will be listed as Interface, MSU.
- Once the transition is complete and all pending applications are processed, the Oklahoma Human Services Nurses will move solely to the use of the “Uniform Comprehensive Assessment Tool (UCAT).”
- This complete transition could potentially take through the end of September/October to process all cases in the existing system.
- As a reminder, if a UCAT update is needed due to a change in a Member’s condition, a partial UCAT should not be created and saved as a complete document. The User should either create a completely new UCAT, including the updated changes – OR – duplicate the document and update the appropriate sections. Partially completed UCATs may not be accepted when submitted to support a service plan change.
For Case Managers:
Version of documents ending 7/18/2021
Uniform Comprehensive Assessment - Part I
Uniform Comprehensive Assessment - Part III
Version of document that should be used starting 7/19/2021
Uniform Comprehensive Assessment Tool (UCAT)
If you have any questions regarding the information provided above, please feel free to contact us via Harmony Provider Question.
COMMUNITY LIVING, AGING AND PROTECTIVE SERVICES(CAP)
MEDICAID SERVICES UNIT
ADvantage Administration | State Plan Care Unit | Medical Eligibility Services
Office: 918-933-4900 | CareLine: 800-435-4711