Provider update: May 18, 2021
To: All ADvantage Case Manager and Home Care Providers
Subject: Resuming Home Visits to ADvantage Members
Date: May 18, 2021
As more and more Oklahomans get vaccinated for COVID-19, we are hoping for more normalcy going forward. Beginning 7/1/2021, Case Managers and Home Care Nurses can begin making routine home visits to Members again, within the guidelines below.
- Normal home visits will not resume until July 1, 2021 to allow more Members and provider employees time to get vaccinated. More information about vaccinations will be released soon.
- Members should be contacted prior to visiting to make sure they are comfortable with resuming face-to-face visits. If the Member is not comfortable with face-to-face contact at this time, monthly contact by the Case Manager is still required and the Member’s request for no face-to-face visit should be honored and documented within Harmony. Porch or outdoor visits are encouraged for those that do not want visits within their homes. Video monitoring is strongly recommended for those where face-to-face visits are not being made.
- Prior to visiting a Member, Case Managers and Nurses should assess themselves for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Those with ANY signs and symptoms, or those who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days, should refrain from visiting a Member regardless of vaccination status.
- Prior to visiting a Member, Case Managers and Nurses should contact the Member and ask if the Member, or anyone living in the Member’s home, has current signs and symptoms of COVID-19, or if anyone has had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection in the prior 14 days. Case Managers and Nurses should refrain from visiting the Member, regardless of vaccination status, if a positive response is received to the screening questions.
- Case Managers and Nurses should wear a face covering or mask (covering mouth and nose) and social distance at least six feet between persons, regardless of vaccination status and in accordance with CDC guidance, while in the Member’s home. Case Managers and Nurses must wear a mask during ALL face-to-face Member interactions at this time.
- Members may be asked to wear a face covering while the Case Manager and Nurse are in the home, but there is no requirement for a Member to do so. Please respect the Member’s choice to wear or not wear a face covering.
- Case Managers will follow Assisted Living Facility requirements for visiting Members that reside in an Assisted Living.
If you have any questions regarding the information provided above, please feel free to contact us via Harmony Provider Question.
COMMUNITY LIVING, AGING AND PROTECTIVE SERVICES | MEDICAID SERVICES UNIT
ADvantage Administration | State Plan Care Unit | Medical Eligibility Services
Office: 918-933-4900 | CareLine: 800-435-4711