Provider update: April 8, 2020
To: All ADvantage Home Delivered Meal and Case Management Providers
Subject: Home Delivered Meals Process Changes related to COVID-19 Emergency Plan
Date: April 8, 2020
The Human Services Department has been working with our state and federal partners to initiate emergency plans to support our provider network as we go through this difficult time together. Please see below for a summary of those changes specific to your service type.
- The limit of one (1) home delivered meal per Member per day is being increased to two (2) meals per Member per day.
- To facilitate this change, ADvantage will be doing blanket authorizations for all Members currently receiving home delivered meals, doubling the existing authorization for each Member. We anticipate these authorizations will be in place no later than Monday, 4/13/2020.
- There will be no change date on the Service Plan; however the service line and authorization will be updated to reflect the higher number of units per (day or week, as applicable) and total units.
- Delivery of meals is limited to 14 per week to ensure Members have the necessary storage for the increased number of meals.
- Providers may bill for the full 14 meals on the date of shipment.
- For Members who do not need or want the increased meals, we ask that Case Managers modify service plans to reduce the number of meals in accordance with person-centered service planning principles. Documentation of Members' agreement with the reduction in meals is required in a Plan Note pending receipt of wet signatures.
As always, we appreciate the support you provide to our Members.
If you have questions on the content of this bulletin, please submit a Provider Question with an Inquiry type of COVID-19 Question / Issue.
AGING SERVICES | MEDICAID SERVICES UNIT
ADvantage Administration | State Plan Personal Care
Office: 918-933-4900 | CareLine: 800-435-4711