Provider update: January 28, 2021
To: All ADvantage Case Management Providers
Subject: Required Qualifications for ADvantage Case Management Supervisor, Case Management Backup Supervisor, and Continuous Quality Improvement Manager
Date: January 28, 2021
The following information is intended to clarify the current ADvantage Service Standards for minimum qualifications of Case Management Supervisor (CMS), Case Management Backup Supervisor (CMBS), and Continuous Quality Improvement Manager (CQI). ADvantage Program Service Standards for the positions, are as follows:
The Case Management Supervisor must:
(1) Meet all of the requirements of the ADvantage Case Manager which include;
a. RN with one year paid professional experience; or
b. LPN with one year paid professional experience; or
c. Baccalaureate degree and one year *paid professional experience with the aging or disabled population obtained before or after receipt of degree.
d. *Paid professional experience may include, but is not limited to: CNA, CMA, CHHA and PCA experience; and
(2) Be an experienced manager of people with minimum of one (1) year of personnel management, which may include direct involvement with hiring, training, assignment of work, evaluation of work performance, commendation and disciplinary action, and termination of personnel;
(3) Have direct case management experience with home-based health care or case management services for in home long-term care populations.
The Back-up Case Management Supervisor must:
Meet all of the requirements of the Case Management Supervisor.
The Continuous Quality Improvement Manager must:
(1) Be an onsite employee in a managerial position in the agency with authority and responsibility to implement the provider’s CQI Plan as well as for quality assurance activities, staff performance and agency strategic planning; and
(2) Have previous administrative and/or supervisory experience; and
(3) Meet the requirements to be an ADvantage Case Manager; and
(4) As this position is responsible for the agency’s ADvantage Continuous Quality Improvement Plan they must attend all CQI ADvantage trainings.
When a request for an ADvantage CMS, CMBS, or CQI position is received by the MSU the candidate’s résumé is reviewed to ensure it evidences the minimum requirements stated above. Requests for approval of an ADvantage CMS, CMBS or CQI candidate must:
- Be submitted via Harmony PQ Note by the agency’s authorized signature agent;
- Be accompanied by the candidate’s current résumé and copy of college diploma for non-nursing applicants, or if the candidate is a registered or licensed nurse, the license number must be included with the resume Indicate, at a minimum, the month and year of start and end dates of employment for each job
- Include a detailed description of job duties to be considered.
To submit a request for ADvantage Case Manager Supervisor, Backup Supervisor or Continuous Quality Improvement Manager:
- Go into the PQ Chapter and from File click on Add PQ
- Fill in the required blanks
- For Inquiry Category choose Provider Question
- For Inquiry Type select Training
- Specify in the Detailed Information that request is for approval of CQI Manager and include assigned branch (as appropriate)
- For the Status choose Pending
- Go to File and click Save PQ
- When Save is Successful you will get sub-tabs at the top left side of page
- Click on the Notes sub-tab and on this page hover over File and select Add Note
- Fill in the required fields on the Notes Detail
- For Note Type select CM Supervisor Request, BCM Supervisor Request, or CQI Request as appropriate
- For Status select Pending
- Add Attachment = attach the candidate’s résumé and other required supporting documentation such as copy of college diploma, etc.
- Save and Close Note
If you have any questions regarding the information provided above, please feel free to contact us via Harmony PQ Chapter.
AGING SERVICES | MEDICAID SERVICES UNIT
ADvantage Administration | State Plan Personal Care
Office: 918-933-4900 | CareLine: 800-435-4711