Provider update: January 28, 2021
To: All ADvantage Home Care, Assisted Living, Adult Day Health, and Hospice Providers
Subject: Required Qualifications for ADvantage Continuous Quality Improvement Manager
Date: January 28, 2021
All ADvantage Case Management, Home Care, Assisted Living, Adult Day Health, and Hospice Providers are required to designate a Continuous Quality Improvement Manager (CQI). The purpose of this position is to ensure the agency’s compliance with all policy, procedure, and process requirements; ensure continuous quality improvement of person-centered service delivery; and ensure compliance with all required professional development training of agency personnel.
An agency’s currently designated CQI may continue to serve in the position without MSU review and approval for as long as they fill the CQI position. Effective immediately, any new candidate for this designated role must be approved by the Medicaid Services Unit. Minimum qualifications for the position, according to the current ADvantage Program Service Standards, are as follows:
The Continuous Quality Improvement Manager must:
(1) Have previous administrative and/or managerial experience with quality improvement, process improvement, and/or auditing with a minimum of one (1) year of personnel management, which may include direct involvement with hiring, training, assignment of work, and evaluation of work performance, commendation and disciplinary action, and termination of personnel;
(2) Be an individual in a managerial position in the agency with authority and responsibility for quality assurance activities, staff performance, training of personnel, and agency strategic planning;
(3) Have a résumé that evidences the following minimum requirements:
(a.) Actively licensed Registered Nurse with one year paid professional experience (include license number on résumé for verification); or
(b.) Actively licensed Practical Nurse with one year paid professional experience (include license number on résumé for verification); or
(c.) Possess a baccalaureate degree in a health-related field; and
(d.) Possess one year paid professional experience with aging or disabled population providing direct care services in a home-like setting.
(4) Be an onsite employee with the authority to implement the provider’s CQI Plan. This position is responsible for the agency’s ADvantage Continuous Quality Improvement Plan and must attend all CQI ADvantage Trainings.
When a request for the ADvantage CQI position is received by MSU, the candidate’s résumé is reviewed to ensure it evidences the minimum requirements stated above. Requests for approval of an ADvantage CQI candidate must be submitted via Harmony PQ Note by the agency’s authorized signature agent and must be accompanied by the candidate’s current résumé and copy of college diploma. If the candidate is a registered or licensed nurse, the license number must be included in the résumé. The employment dates on the résumé must indicate, at a minimum, the month and year of start and end dates for each job, as well as a detailed description of job duties to be considered.
To submit a request for ADvantage Continuous Quality Improvement Manager:
- Go into the PQ Chapter and from File click on Add PQ.
- Fill in the required blanks
- For Inquiry Category choose Provider Question.
- For Inquiry Type select Training.
- Specify in the Detailed Information that request is for approval of CQI Manager and include assigned branch (as appropriate).
- For the Status choose Pending
- Go to File and click Save PQ
- When Save is Successful you will get sub-tabs at the top left side of page
- Click on the Notes sub-tab and on this page hover over File and select Add Note
- Fill in the required fields on the Notes Detail.
- For Note Type select CQI Request
- For Status select Pending
- Add Attachment = attach the candidate’s résumé and other required supporting documentation such as copy of college diploma, etc.
- Save and Close Note.
If you have any questions regarding the information provided above, please feel free to contact us via Harmony PQ Chapter.
AGING SERVICES | MEDICAID SERVICES UNIT
ADvantage Administration | State Plan Personal Care
Office: 918-933-4900 | CareLine: 800-435-4711