Service Specialist's responsibility:
- The Social Service Specialist (SSS) is responsible for completing an annual review of resources through a request for financial documents from the member.
- This process usually, although not always, starts around the 10th month of the Member's Service Plan Year (also known as the Medical Certification period).
- If the financial documents requested are not received back on time (usually within 20 days of request), the financial review is closed, making the Member ineligible for ADvantage and ending all services immediately.
- Services may be reactivated when all documentation has been submitted and the Member is determined to meet the financial eligibility guidelines for ADvantage.
Case Manager's responsibility:
- Ask the member if they have received anything in the mail from their (SSS).
- "Have you gotten any papers to fill out for your DHS Case Worker? You should be receiving some papers very soon asking about your finances."
- Remind the Member this is an important part of their annual reassessment and must be completed to remain on the Advantage program.
- Follow up as needed to ensure compliance with the financial review process.
- If ADvantage services are ended due to non-compliance, support the Member to submit the necessary documentation as quickly as possible. Services may be reactivated once the financial review is completed and the Member is determined to meet the financial eligibility guidelines for ADvantage.