Advisory Committee on Services to Persons with Developmental Disabilities
Thursday, September 13, 2018
10 a.m. – Room C-47 Sequoyah State Office Building
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1. CALL TO ORDER – Teri Egner, Chairperson
2. ROLL CALL – Angela Donley, Secretary
- Robin Arter, Marcellius Bell, Tori Collier, John Corpolongo, Greg Crawford, Rene' Daman, Teri Egner, Wanda Felty, Ellyn Hefner, Jennifer Jones, Consuela Logan, Terry Trego
- DDS Staff Present: Beth Scrutchins, Ray Hester, Marie Moore, Beverly Murray, Darrin Thompson, Sylvia Bickel, Regina Chace
3. *APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 12, 2018
4. DDS UPDATE – Beth Scrutchins DDS director
- Rate increase with retroactive reimbursement date of July 1, 2018
- DDS is filling 26 positions starting with 13 in case management with the ability to replace current employees who leave
- Child Welfare meeting on 9/12/18 to discuss creating a model waiver for DD kids in custody
- Waiting list Update - 361 cases assigned in May - 224 are pending – 112 are closed for various reasons
- Stakeholder meetings are scheduled across the state over the next 2 months (dates and locations are attached)
5. * APPROVAL OF RULES – Terry Trego, Policy Sub-Committee Chair
Changes accepted with the amended sentence on OAC 317:30-3-40
- OAC 317:40-7-5. Community Based Services is amended to:
- Clarify that during community based employment, meals and breaks occur in the community with others without disabilities and;
- Update terminology used.
- OAC 317:40-7-6. Center-based services is amended to:
- Clarify mealtimes occur where the majority of people with disabilities are employed.
- OAC 317:40-7-15. Service requirements for employment services through Home and Community-Based Services Waivers is amended to:
- Affirm members have opportunities to seek employment and work in competitive integrated settings;
- Define the process to assist members obtain 30 hours per week of employment and;
- Clarify when OKDRS establishes and supports a home based business DDS stabilization services are added when OKDRS stabilization services end.
- OAC 317:40-7-21. Exception process for employment services through Home and Community-Based Services Waivers is amended to:
- Remove exceptions for state funded vocational services and;
- Move residential support exceptions to OAC 317:40-7-15.
- OAC 317:30-3-40. Home and Community-Based Services Waivers for persons with intellectual disabilities or certain persons with related conditions is amended to:
- Clarify Waiver services are authorized based solely on current need.
- With concerns about how this will affect caregivers and service recipients, the sentence is changed to: "Clarify Waiver services are authorized based solely on current need."
6. *New Business
Beginning in 2019, DDS will present Green Belt projects to provide background information on upcoming policy changes.
- Nomination of officers per Article V of the bylaws (committee officers are elected annually.)
Chair: Wanda Felty Vice-Chair: Robin Arter Secretary: Angela Donley
B. Approval of 2019 meeting dates:
7. PUBLIC COMMENT –
* Possible Action Item