COMMENT DUE DATE:
June 3, 2019
May 23, 2019
Ray Hester DDS 405-521-4899
Dena Thayer, Programs Administrator 405-521-4326
Nancy Kelly, Policy Specialist 405-522-6703
Non-APA WF 19-D
The proposed policy is Non-APA . This proposal is not subject to Administrative Procedures Act
It is important that you provide your comments regarding the draft copy of policy by the comment due date.Comments are directed to STO.LegalServices.Policy@okdhs.org.
SUBJECT:CHAPTER 100. DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES SERVICES
Subchapter 5. Client Services
Part 3. Service Provisions
340:100-5-33 ITS ONLY [AMENDED]
Oklahoma Administrative Code 340:100-5-33 ITS are revised to remove the medication review instructions.
SUBCHAPTER 5. CLIENT SERVICES
PART 3. SERVICE PROVISIONS
340:100-5-33. Medication events
(a) Contract provider staff completes Form 06MP046E, Incident Report, when there is a medication event per OAC 340:100-3-34.¢ 1
(b) The service recipient's health care coordinator completes a monthly summary of medication events on Form 06HM006E, Health Status and Medication Review.¢ 2
(c) The Developmental Disabilities Services Division (DDSD) registered nurse (RN) health review:
(1) provides oversight to determine whether the service recipient's health care needs are met in accordance with theservice recipient's identified health concerns; and
(2) identifies problems and makes recommendations to the provider agency and DDSD case manager for appropriate action.
(d) DDSD quality assurance staff:
(1) monitors medications in person-centered evaluations and annual contract surveys;
(2) may conduct administrative inquiries of medication events; and
(3) notifies the provider agency and DDSD case manager of problems identified, for appropriate action.
(e) Provider agencies develop and maintain internal policies and procedures that must meet the approval of DDSD Medical Services Unit for the review and reporting of medication events.
(f) Providers failing to effectively correct identified problems with medication events are subject to sanction procedures per OAC 340:100-3-27.2.
(g) At least annually, DDSD Medical Services Unit compiles, reviews, and analyzes data on medication events and makes recommendations to the DDSD director and other appropriate program areas.
INSTRUCTIONS TO STAFF 340:100-5-33
1.Incident Report.The Developmental Disabilities Services Division (DDSD) case manager:
(1) reviews Form 06MP046E, Incident Report;
(2) provides follow-up as required per OAC 340:100-3-34;
(3) notifies the DDSD registered nurse (RN), if the case manager:
(A) believes the medication error caused harm; or
(B) needs technical assistance on appropriate follow-up activities.
2.Medication review.The DDSD case manager receives and reviews Form 06HM006E, Health Status and Medication Review, monthly and: (1) provides follow-up as required; (2) notifies the DDSD RN, if indicated; and (3) enters the data in Client Contact Manager (CCM).