317:40-7-3. Eligibility for Waiver Employment Services
(a) Individuals served through Waiver Employment Services must be:
(1) 16 years of age and older for persons receiving services through the Community Waiver, In Home Supports Waiver, or the Homeward Bound Waiver; and
(2) approved for waiver services, per Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 317:40-1-1.
(b) Services available to the member through the Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) or through the state or local education agency are not funded under Waiver Employment Services.
(1) Members may utilize waiver employment services during times when school is not in session, and/or the member is not participating in an Individual Education Program that includes extended school year services through the school system.
(2) All members seeking competitive, integrated employment make application to DRS. Prior to the authorization of Waiver Employment Services, the case manager documents the application for DRS services. The documentation is permanently maintained in the Client Contact Manager record.
(3) Since services provided by DRS are time-limited by federal law, Developmental Disabilities Services provides long-term, on-going supports for individuals who need long-term supports, per OAC 317:40-7-11.