317:40-5-60. Relief support for providers of Specialized Foster Care
When natural or other unpaid supports are not available, the Specialized Foster Care (SFC) provider may request relief support.
- (1) Relief units do not replace the responsibilities of the SFC provider on a regular basis.
- (2) All relief units must be justified in the service recipient's Plan process.
- (3) No more than 720 hours annually may be authorized unless approved by the Developmental Disabilities Services Division director or designee.
- (4) No spouse or other adult living in the provider household may serve as paid relief staff.
- (5) Consideration is given to authorizing additional relief hours when providing additional relief represents the most cost-effective placement for the service recipient and:
- (A) there are multiple service recipients living in the home;
- (B) the service recipient has an on-going pattern of not sleeping at night; or
- (C) the service recipient has an on-going pattern of not working or attending employment services, in spite of continuing efforts by the Team.