317:40-5-154. Intensive Personal Supports in the Homeward Bound Waiver
(a) Introduction. Intensive Personal Supports are support services provided to class members who need an enhanced level of direct support in order to successfully reside in a community based setting. Intensive Personal Supports build upon the level of support provided by a Habilitation Training Specialist or Daily Living Supports staff by utilizing a second staff person on duty to provide assistance and training in self-care, daily living, recreational, and habilitation activities.
(b) Eligibility. Intensive Personal Supports are provided by OHCA contracted provider agencies to class members who:
- (1) are eighteen years of age or older, unless approved by the Director of OKDHS or designee; and
- (2) require a second support staff in order to meet their needs, when there is no other resolution.
(c) Service requirements. Intensive Personal Supports are limited to 24 hours per day and must be:
- (1) included in the class member's Individual Plan in accordance with OAC 340:100-5-53;
- (2) authorized in the Plan of Care; and
- (3) provided in conjunction with Habilitation Training Services.
(d) Responsibilities of provider agencies. Each provider agency providing Intensive Personal Supports must:
- (1) have current, valid contracts with OHCA and OKDHS/DDSD; and
- (2) ensure that any staff member providing Intensive Personal Supports has completed the training in accordance with OAC 340:100-3-38.