317:35-9-95. Payment to ICF/MR (public and private)
The Oklahoma Health Care Authority may execute agreements to provide care only with facilities which are properly licensed by the state licensing agency. The agreement is initiated by application from the facility and expires on a specified date, or with termination of the facility license, or shall be automatically terminated on notice to OHCA that the facility is not in compliance with Medicaid (or other federal long-term care) requirements.
- (1) In the event that a facility changes ownership, the agreement with the previous owner may be extended to the new owner, pending certification of the new owner to provide care to individuals during the change of ownership. In the event that the new owner is not showing good faith in pursuit of certification, the OHCA will begin planning for alternate placement of Medicaid patients. The county office is immediately notified of any relevant change in facility status.
- (2) Payment for long-term care is made only for those individuals who have been approved by the DHS for such care. The amount of payment is based on the actual time the individual received care (including therapeutic/hospital leave) from a nursing facility during any given month. Payment for nursing care cannot be made for any period during which the care has been temporarily interrupted for reasons other than therapeutic leave. Therapeutic leave is any planned leave other than hospitalization that is for the benefit of the patient. Therapeutic leave must be clearly documented in the patient's plan of care before payment for a reserved bed can be made by the OHCA. Hospital leave is planned or unplanned leave when the patient is admitted to a licensed hospital.
- (3) A nursing facility may receive payment for up to 7 days per calendar year for each eligible individual in order to reserve a bed when the patient is on therapeutic leave.
- (4) The ICF/MR may receive payment for a maximum of 60 days of therapeutic leave per calendar year for each recipient to reserve a bed. No more than 14 consecutive days of therapeutic leave may be claimed per absence. Recipients approved for ICF/MR on or after July 1 of the year will only be eligible for 30 days of therapeutic leave during the remainder of that year.
- (5) The Statement of Compensable Therapeutic Leave Only form is used by the facility to record use of therapeutic leave. This form is to be made available by the local office to the nursing facility upon request.
- (6) Effective August 1, 1995, a nursing facility may receive payment for a maximum of three (3) days of hospital leave per calendar year for each recipient to reserve a bed when the patient is admitted to a licensed hospital, if the facility has an occupancy rate of at least 90 percent at the time of hospital admission. Claims for hospital leave are submitted on Form Adm-41 (Long Term Care Claim Form).
- (7) Effective January 1, 1996, the nursing facility may receive payment for a maximum of five (5) days of hospital leave per calendar year for each recipient to reserve the bed when the patient is admitted to a licensed hospital.