317:35-19-28. Management of client's funds while receiving care in NF
When an individual has been approved for long-term care in a facility, the administrator of the facility where he/she is receiving care completes the Management of Recipient's Funds form and when applicable, the form is signed according to instructions on the form.
- (1) If the recipient requests the administrator to hold the recipient's funds, the administrator of the facility completes the Management of Recipient's Funds form to acknowledge receipt of money and other items of value. As long as the recipient remains in the facility, the administrator is responsible for completing this form each time funds or other items of value, other than monthly income, are received. The form also serves to acknowledge the agreement to an accounting of funds expended in behalf of the recipient and as a source document for posting credits and debits to Form ABCDM-99 (new form number 08MA021E), Ledger Sheet for Recipient's Account.
- (2) The administrator of the facility prepares Form ABCDM-99 (new form number 08MA021E) for each recipient for whom he/she is holding funds or other items of value. He/she is obligated to keep an accurate accounting of all receipts and expenditures and the amount of money on hand at all times. Form ABCDM-99 (new form number 08MA021E) is to be available for inspection at all times.
- (3) As a part of each redetermination of eligibility for a recipient for whom the administrator is holding funds or other items, the worker secures from the administrator a current Accounting-Recipient's Personal Funds and Property form. This form is also prepared by the administrator of the facility when the recipient dies or leaves the facility for some other reason and is routed to the county office within five days from the last day the recipient was in residence.
- (4) If the facility operator does not handle the recipient's funds, the worker is responsible for determining who does handle the funds, the amount of the funds and for recording this in the case narrative.
- (5) If there is indication that, prior to the next regular determination of eligibility, the amount of the recipient's resources is likely to increase or decrease, the worker is responsible for taking the necessary action to assure continued eligibility on the part of the recipient.
- (6) A copy of the Management of Recipient's Funds form must be on file in the local office for each recipient for whom Title XIX funds are being used for payment of care.