Skip to main content

Library: Policy

317:35-15-15. Social services referral

Revised 9-12-22

        In many situations, members receiving medical services through SoonerCare (Medicaid) need social services. The OKDHS HCMN I or II may make referrals for social services to the OKDHS social services specialist (SSS) in the local office. In addition to these referrals, a member, or another individual acting on the member's behalf, may initiate a social services request.

(1) OKDHS SSS provides the indicated services, or makes referrals to the appropriate outside resources if the services are not available within OKDHS.

(2) OKDHS SSS provided services:

(A) Enable members to attain or maintain good physical and mental health;

(B) Assist members who receive care outside their own homes in planning for and returning to their own homes or to other alternate care;

(C) Encourage the development and maintenance of family and community interests and ties;

(D) Promote member's maximum independence in managing their own affairs;

(E) Include protective services that evaluate the need for and arrange guardianship; and

(F) Offer family planning services, including family assistance in acquiring means to responsible parenthood. Services are offered in making the necessary referral and follow-up.

Back to Top