317:30-5-95.22. Coverage for children
(a) In order for services to be covered, services in psychiatric units of general hospitals, psychiatric hospitals, and PRTF programs must meet the requirements in OAC 317:30-5-95.25 through 317:30-5-95.30. OHCA rules that apply to inpatient psychiatric coverage for individuals aged twenty-one (21) and under are found in Sections OAC 317:30-5-95.22 through 317:30-5-95.42.
(b) The following words and terms, when used in OAC 317:30-5-95.22 through 317:30-5-95.42, shall have the following meaning, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) "Acute" means care delivered in a psychiatric unit of a general hospital or psychiatric hospital that provides assessment, medical management and monitoring, and short-term intensive treatment and stabilization to individuals experiencing acute episodes of behavioral health disorders.
(2) "Acute II" means care delivered in a psychiatric unit of a general hospital or psychiatric hospital; however, services at this level of care are designed to serve individuals under twenty-one (21) who need longer-term, more intensive treatment, and a more highly-structured environment than they can receive in family and other community-based alternatives to hospitalization. However, care delivered in this setting is less intense than the care provided in Acute.
(3) "Border placement" means placement in an inpatient psychiatric facility that is in one (1) of the states that borders Oklahoma (Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, and Texas).
(4) "Border status" means placement in a facility in a state that does not border Oklahoma, but which facility routinely provides inpatient psychiatric services to SoonerCare members.
(5) "Chemical dependency/substance abuse services/detoxification" means services offered to individuals with a substance-related disorder whose biomedical and emotional/behavioral problems are sufficiently severe to require inpatient care.
(6) "Enhanced treatment unit or specialized treatment" means an intensive residential treatment unit that provides a program of care to a population with special needs or issues requiring increased staffing requirements, co-morbidities, environmental accommodations, specialized treatment programs, and longer lengths of stay.
(7) "Evidence-based practice (EBP)" means programs or practices that are supported by research methodology and have produced consistently positive patterns of results in accordance with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
(8) "Out-of-state placement" means a placement for intensive or specialized services not available in Oklahoma requiring additional authorization procedures and approval by the OHCA Behavioral Health Unit.
(9) "Public facilities" means Oklahoma government owned or operated facilities.
(10) "Trauma-informed" means the recognition and responsiveness to the presence of the effects of past and current traumatic experiences in the lives of members.