317:30-5-87. 340B Drug Discount Program
(a) The 340B Drug Discount Program is a drug-pricing program established under section 256b of Title 42 of the United States Code (U.S.C) under which a manufacturer of covered outpatient drugs agrees that it will not charge a 340B covered entity more than the 340B price for a 340B covered outpatient drug.
(b) Covered entities participating in the 340B Drug Discount Program will adhere to the following provisions outlined in this Section and as defined in 42 U.S.C. 256b. Covered entities must:
(1) Notify the OHCA Pharmacy Department in writing within thirty (30) days of any changes in 340B Program participation, as well as any changes in name, address, National Provider Identification (NPI), SoonerCare Provider Number, etc.
(2) Maintain their status on the Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) Medicaid Exclusion File (MEF) and report any changes to the OHCA within thirty (30) days.
(3) Execute a contract addendum with the OHCA in addition to their provider contract.
(c) To prevent a duplicate discount, quarterly adjustments will be made to all pharmacy or medical claims for drugs submitted by covered entities when billed using the registered SoonerCare Provider Number on the MEF.
(1) All pharmacy claims submitted by covered entities shall be adjusted by the 340B ceiling price whether purchased through the 340B Program or otherwise.
(2) Medical claims submitted by covered entities with procedure code modifiers indicating the use of the 340B purchased drugs shall be adjusted by the 340B ceiling price. OHCA will adjust each claim by subtracting the 340B ceiling price from the amount reimbursed and multiplying the difference by the quantity submitted. OHCA will use the 340B ceiling price applicable to the quarter in which the claim is paid. Medical claims submitted by covered entities with a procedure code modifier indicating the use of non 340B purchased drugs will not be adjusted by the 340B ceiling price and will be submitted for federal rebates as required by CMS. Covered entities are required to use an appropriate procedure code modifier on all physician administered drug lines when submitting medical claims.
(d) Contract pharmacies for covered entities may be permitted to bill drug products purchased under the 340B Drug Discount Program to the Oklahoma Medicaid Program when certain conditions are met and an agreement is in place between the OHCA, the contract pharmacy, and the covered entity. These pharmacies will be subject to the recovery process stated in this Section.