317:30-5-41.2. Organ transplants
Solid organ and bone marrow/stem cell transplants are covered when appropriate and medically necessary.
(1) Transplant procedures, except kidney and cornea, must be prior authorized to be compensable.
(2) To be prior authorized all procedures are reviewed based on appropriate medical criteria.
(3) To be compensable under the SoonerCare program all transplants must be performed at a facility which meets the requirements contained in Section 1138 of the Social Security Act.
(4) Procedures considered experimental or investigational are not covered. For more information regarding experimental or investigational including clinical trials, see OAC 317:30-3-57.1.
(5) Donor search and procurement services are covered for transplants consistent with the methods used by the Medicare program for organ acquisition costs.