Personally Identifiable Information
The following information is provided pursuant to 74 O.S. §3106.4.
The Department of Public Safety collects and compiles PII related to individuals who have applied for Oklahoma Identification Cards, Oklahoma Driver Licenses, business licenses regulated by the Department, and individuals for whom the Department receives statutorily required information related to citations, convictions, investigations, and collisions. PII stored by the Department is stored electronically on the agency’s secured servers, or in a secure location if stored in paper form.
PII collected and stored by the Department of Public Safety includes, but is not limited to:
· Full name, and any aliases known to the Department;
· Date of birth;
· Place of birth;
· Mother’s maiden name;
· Biometric records, including finger-print images;
· Social security number;
· Driver license number;
· Identification card number;
· Alien registration number;
· Government passport number;
· Employer or taxpayer identification number;
· Home address and county of residence;
· Medical and disability information;
· Educational records;
· Military records;
· Native American Tribal documents;
· Citizenship, immigration and naturalization documents;
· Financial and billing information;
· Insurance information;
· Employment information;
· Results of nationwide criminal history checks;
· Complete index of the driving history referenced to individuals whom the Department has received information regarding citations, convictions, investigations, or collisions.
The Department maintains and releases PII of licensed drivers in accordance with the Driver Privacy Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. §2721, et. seq. PII related to individuals other than licensed drivers is maintained and released in accordance with the Oklahoma Open Records Act, 51 O.S. §24A.1, et. seq. unless the information is exempted by the Open Records Act, such as records required to be kept confidential by law, privileged, or subject to a confidentiality or protective order. In accordance with these restrictions, PII is shared with only those agencies, individuals, or entities allowed by law to access specific types of PII. This includes, but is not limited to:
· Commissioned law enforcement officers;
· Insurance companies;
· Private investigators;
· Another State’s driver licensing authority or a province of Canada;
· Employers of drivers operating a motor vehicle during the course of business;
· Authorized employees of recognized law enforcement agencies;
· An individual as directed by a court order.
Please contact the Records Management Division at (405) 425-2350 with any questions related to the storage and release of PII.