Family Employment Awareness Training
The mission of Family Employment Awareness Trainings (FEAT) are to increase expectations for competitive employment and increase knowledge of local, state, and federal resources to support the employment of the youth/young adults who have disabilities.
Key Principles of FEAT are:
- Everyone can work when provided with appropriate supports and services.
- Everyone can have a job that is both enjoyable and satisfying.
- Everyone can make more money working than by relying on public benefits alone.
Learn about state and federal resources supporting young adults with disabilities so they can work in YOUR communities.
FEAT Trainings include information about:
BUILDING the DREAM for EMPLOYMENT
- Discover outside-the-box job possibilities
- Discuss need-to-know transition info
- Meet individuals with disabilities who are successfully employed
IDENTIFYING & ACCESSING RESOURCES
- Meet people from your community who are providing services to help individuals prepare for, find, and keep a job.
- Learn about antidiscrimination laws
FEAT includes FREE for attendees:
- Training materials and resources
- Time to network with families, employees, employers, and entrepreneurs
- Access to representatives from agencies and organizations providing employment resources