Self-Advocacy Trainings are designed to:
- Strengthen the self-advocacy movement in Oklahoma and
- Increase the inclusion and independence of people with disabilities.
Our training curriculums were created with the help of the Redlands Partners. These trainings are led by adults with intellectual, and developmental disabilities (I/DD), sharing their expertise and experiences as they work to help other self-advocates to learn how to advocate. Opportunities for trainings are available for persons with disabilities, family members, and professionals.
- Handling Bullying Situations
- Emergency Preparedness
- Taking Control of Your Health
- Self-Advocacy Leadership Training (SALT)
- Disability Awareness
- Sexual Health and Wellness Overview
Trainings can be specially designed for you, typically lasting 3 hours, depending on the time and your needs and can be delivered in-person or virtually.
If you are interested in learning more and/or would like to get some classes scheduled, please reach out to Morgan.Davis@okdhs.org.