Follow Us... Everywhere @OKVeteranAgency
public affairs & media relations
The ODVA Public Affairs/Media Relations Department handles public and media relations for the department on a daily basis. Our mission is to keep Oklahoma veterans informed of any news, events, messaging, public service announcements or statements that may affect them or their families.
The department prepares all public statements issuing from the Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs, crafts and distributes news releases, coordinates media interviews, speaking engagements and other public appearances of ODVA staff, and assists in the planning and execution of veteran-related events. The department also creates and distributes content across all ODVA’s social media platforms.
The Veterans Home Outreach Team was created to help Veterans, Families, and Health Care Providers obtain information and assistance in placement at the seven State Veterans Homes. The Outreach Team is available to present information and answer questions at groups large and small including conferences, trade shows, health fairs, and senior living events across the state. Rob Arrington is also available to help individual Veterans and their families navigate the application and admission process.
Our Veterans Home Outreach Administrator can be reached via Email or at 405-523-4004
- OKLAHOMA REMAINS TOP STATE FOR VETERANS
- ODVA SPOTLIGHTS VETERANS’ COUNCIL 2022 VETERAN FAMILY OF THE YEAR AS NATIONAL VOLUNTEER WEEK BEGINS
- ODVA ANNOUNCES FIRST FEMALE VETERAN ACTING EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- VIETNAM VETERANS REMEMBRANCE DAY MESSAGE TO OKLAHOMA VETERANS
- ODVA AND OKLAHOMA VETERANS COMMISSION COMMEND OKLAHOMA SENATE ON SB 401
- REPRESENTATIVE DAVID SMITH TO HOST FIRST ANNUAL VETERANS CAMPING EVENT TO BRING PTSD AWARENESS
- ODVA LEADERSHIP THANKS SULPHUR VETERANS CENTER STAFF AND MURRAY COUNTY FIRE EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
- ODVA AND OKLAHOMA VETERANS COMMISSION COMMEND OKLAHOMA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES ON HB 3693
- VETERANS IN AGRICULTURE HAVE NEW SUPPORT
- ODVA AIMS TO SERVE OKLAHOMA’S MOST DISABLED VETERANS THROUGH “70 PERCENT-PLUS INITIATIVE”
- OKLAHOMA VETERANS ACHIEVE NUMBER ONE AMONG THE 50 STATES
- ODVA AND TYLER MEDIA TEAM UP TO PROMOTE VETERAN OWNED BUSINESSES IN OKLAHOMA
- ODVA TO SPEARHEAD ELIMINATION OF STATE INCOME TAX ON MILITARY RETIREMENTS
- VETERANS DAY MESSAGE TO OKLAHOMA VETERANS