State Approving Agency
As the State Approving Agency (SAA) for Oklahoma, the Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs (ODVA) is under contract with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to provide oversight over all institutions offering education or training in the State of Oklahoma who participate in, or wish to participate in, GI Bill® educational benefits.
SAA utilizes a detailed approval and review process to confirm that institutions and employers participating in GI Bill educational benefits are compliant with Title 38 of U.S. Code and Federal Regulations, that they are qualified to provide the training offered, and that the training offered is of high quality.
SAA monitors approved programs by conducting on-site visits, regularly reviewing policies and programs, and by providing frequent training to school officials. Regular review and training ensures that schools and employers abide by the approved policies and certify enrollments correctly.
SAA ensures that every eligible military veteran and family member has the opportunity to pursue the educational endeavor of their choice, with confidence in the quality of the program and the administration of GI Bill benefits.
State Approving Agency staff responsibilities include:
- Reviewing programs of education and training to ensure compliance with Title 38 of U.S. Code and Federal Regulations.
- Conducting compliance surveys with participating schools and employers to confirm the accuracy and propriety benefit payments.
- Providing technical assistance and training to participating schools and employers in order to ensure continued compliance with Title 38 Law and to maintain the highest quality of benefit processing possible.
- Serving as a liaison between the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and schools, employers, veterans, and the State.
- Conducting outreach to prospective schools and employers to expand GI Bill training opportunities in Oklahoma.
- Providing information and training on GI Bill educational benefits to veterans, military personnel, family members, schools, employers, labor groups and other interested parties.
- Investigating complaints from beneficiaries utilizing GI Bill education benefits or on behalf of the VA.
Public Law 115-407 Compliance: ODVA SAA approved schools do not penalize beneficiaries for late payment to the school by the VA.
VA Main Website: This is the main page for the VA. It provides access to various benefits.
VA education and training benefits webpage: The home page for Education & Training. Current education and training news and links are here.
GI Bill Application: All beneficiaries MUST apply for benefits. This is the best place to do it.
GI Bill Educational Benefit Comparison Chart: This chart quickly identifies the features and benefits of each type of GI Bill educational benefit.
GI Bill Comparison Tool: This tool gives insight on participating schools and employers.
GI Bill Feedback System: This tool allows beneficiaries to both positive and negative feedback regarding their experience using the GI Bill.
Web Enabled Approval Management System (WEAMS): This tool identifies approved facilities, the programs offered, and officials at the facility whom will assist with GI Bill benefits.
Ask A Question (Right Now Web): This portal allows easy access to the VA without waiting on the phone. All communication is secure and a response guaranteed.
Electronic Benefit Management Website: One of the VA’s most effective tools, this is a one one-stop-shop for managing benefits.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
SAA Central Office
Send SAA an email. Complete the form below and submit. Thank you.
Monday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Tuesday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Wednesday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Thursday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm