TRS Policy And Fee Schedule For Open Records Requests
The Teachers’ Retirement System of Oklahoma (TRS) complies with the Oklahoma Open Records Act (51 O.S. Section 24A.1 et seq.). TRS records which are not exempt from the Open Records Act are open to any person for inspection during normal business hours. All open records requests for the System shall specifically describe the information the requesting party is seeking, the name, occupation, address, telephone number, and the purpose of such request, whether personal, commercial or public interest. A public body may charge a fee only for recovery of the reasonable, direct costs of record copying, or mechanical reproduction.
Fee Schedule for Costs of Reproduction
- $0.25 per page for photocopies of records up to 8 ½” x 14” or smaller,
- $1.00 per page for certified copies,
- Copies of other media (CD-ROM, flash drive, etc.) shall be the actual costs of reproduction, including labor.
However, if the request is solely for a commercial purpose or would clearly cause disruption of the essential functions of the public body, then the public body may charge a reasonable fee to recover the direct cost of record search and copying.
Fee Schedule for Requests Subject to Additional Recover Costs
TRS reserves the right to recover the actual cost of record search and copying, including labor, if the information requested is not readily available or requires an extended amount of time to retrieve. If TRS receives a request that is subject to additional recovery costs, TRS will provide the requestor with an estimate of fees and costs before the work begins. All fees and costs, including delivery fees, must be paid by check or money order, payable to TRS, before the documents will be provided. Fees will be assessed as follows:
- $35.00 per hour for commercial requests or those that cause excessive disruption of office functions (TRS defines “excessive disruption” as a request that requires more than 1 hour of actual employee work to compile).
- $80.00 per hour when computer programming is required on a customized request (fee is set by Office of Management and Enterprise Services).
- $85.00 per hour when additional legal support is required (fee is the rate charged to TRS for legal support by the Office of the Attorney General).