Skip to main content

We are pleased to announce that our office has moved to a new location. Our new address is: 301 NW 63rd Street, Suite 500 Oklahoma City, OK 73116-7921


Important Notice Regarding Covid-19 - To ensure the safety and protection of our members, as well as our staff, the Teachers’ Retirement System of Oklahoma is suspending all in-house appointments and consultations at this time. This is effective March 17, 2020 until further notice. The Drop Box for submitting documents located on the west side of the Will Rogers Building by the State Capitol building is no longer for TRS use. Please mail documents, or for urgent situations, you can drop off documents at the TRS office. Please note we are still not open for in-person meetings.



What happens to my benefits if I become divorced?
A court may order that your former spouse receives a portion of your retirement benefits. This can only be accomplished if a copy of the court order or judgment is filed and approved by TRS. Such an order is commonly known as a Qualified Domestic Order (QDO) and the former spouse is referred to as an Alternate Payee. If you anticipate a
divorce, you or your attorney should download the Qualified Domestic Order documents. It is important that you, your alternate payee and your attorney(s) understand the difference between Oklahoma statutes concerning QDOs and the division of Oklahoma pension assets compared to how private pension plans assets can be divided. If you have any other questions, please contact TRS.


Last Modified on Mar 01, 2021