Physician Assistant Scholarship Program
The scholarship offers loan forgiveness for physician assistant students in accredited Oklahoma Physician Assistant Programs. Participating students receive $1,000.00 per month with a month for month practice obligation in rural communities.
The program aims to assist Oklahoma's rural communities and provide financial assistance to physician assistant students enrolled in an accredited physician assistant program.
Applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited physician assistant program
- In no other conflicting service obligation
- A resident of the State of Oklahoma
- Not currently on a J-1 Visa
Amount Of Loans
$1,000.00 per month.
- Recipient agrees to begin practice in a PMTC approved rural community within 90 days after completion of physician assistant training.
- Recipient agrees to practice in the community for one month for each month the scholarship was received, with no credit being granted for anything less than 12 months.
Applicants must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA to apply.
If the physician assistant decides not to repay his/her obligated scholarship loan by practicing in a qualified community, he/she will be required to repay the principal amount, plus interest and liquidated damages of up to 100% of the principal. Interest accrues at the prime rate plus 1%.
Due to the rural aspect of the scholarship, communities near Oklahoma City and Tulsa may not qualify for residency location.
Application and Contract
Medical Scholarship Programs Coordinator
Oklahoma Physician Manpower Training Commission
Robinson Renaissance Building
119 North Robinson Avenue, Suite 520
Oklahoma City, OK 73120