Skip to main content

Waste Disposal Application Information

We have switched to a new licensing portal. To learn more about it, visit this page.

Apply Now
Returning Applicants

Important Notes for Waste Disposal Facility Applicants

  • A submitted application does NOT guarantee a license will be granted, even if the applicant meets the minimum requirements.
  • To be eligible for a waste disposal facility license, applicants MUST have a current permit from the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality. Applicants must also meet all the minimum requirements listed below to be considered.
  • Applicants must meet all requirements of an on-site inspection to be considered for a license.
  • Application fees are non-refundable.
  • OMMA will evaluate the timing and process for waste permit applications for waste disposal licensees after licenses are approved.

Frequently Asked Questions

A medical marijuana waste disposal facility license authorizes the licensee to dispose of medical marijuana. The waste disposal facility licenses also authorizes licensees to transport medical marijuana waste.

Once licenses are granted, licensed entities may apply for waste disposal facility permits for additional locations.

Applications and payment will be collected at A valid email address is required. This email address will be used to send notices once an account is created.

Applicants should select “New Business License” and then select "Waste Disposal Facility" for license type.

The application fee for a waste disposal license is $5,000. Application fees will be paid by Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit or debit card. An additional credit card processing fee will be added to the transaction. The application and processing fees are non-refundable.

  • Applicants must have, and provide in the OMMA application, a permit from the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ).
  • Applicants must show proof of sufficient liability insurance or a letter of insurability from the insurance company showing the following minimum amounts: 
    • Commercial General Liability: $5,000,000 each occurrence.
    • Pollution Legal Liability: $5,000,000 each occurrence.

Applicants must meet similar requirements for medical marijuana businesses:

  • Applicants must be 25 or older.
  • Individual applicants must be Oklahoma residents.
  • Members, managers, and board members of entity applicants must all be Oklahoma residents.
  • Entities must show that at least 75% ownership is held by an Oklahoma resident.
  • All owners and officers must provide a background check; existence of a nonviolent felony conviction in the last two years and/or any other felony conviction in the last five years for any owner will disqualify the applicant.
  • Unless the business entity is a Sole Proprietorship or General Partnership, the applying entity must submit a copy of the Oklahoma Secretary of State’s certificate of good standing document. For more information, visit the Oklahoma Secretary of State at
  • Applicants must provide proof that they are not within 1,000 feet of any entrance to any public or private school. See PDF icon Proof of Distance From a School (Temporarily unavailable as of 2/24/22. Check back soon for an updated guide.) guidance document. 

Proof of identity can be established by providing a digital, color copy of one of the following unexpired, valid documents:

  • Oklahoma driver’s license (front and back)
  • Oklahoma identification card (front and back)
  • U.S. passport or other photo identification issued by the U.S government
  • Tribal identification card approved for identification purposes by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety:   
    • United States Bureau of Indian Affairs identification card or a Oklahoma tribal photo identification cards: Muscogee (Creek) Nation of Oklahoma, Kiowa, Comanche, Apache of Oklahoma, Absentee Shawnee, Cheyenne-Arapaho, Choctaw, Delaware, Caddo Nation of Oklahoma issued on or after January 8, 2008.

Oklahoma residency can be established by providing a digital, color copy of one of the documents below:

  • Oklahoma driver’s license (front and back)
  • Oklahoma identification card (front and back)
  • Utility bills, excluding cellular telephone and internet bills
  • A residential property deed to property in the State of Oklahoma
  • A current rental agreement for residential property located in the State of Oklahoma
  • Other documentation deemed sufficient by OMMA

Each owner will need to supply an PDF icon Affidavit of Lawful Presence Form and supporting documentation if he or she is not a U.S. citizen.

The waste disposal facility license is for one waste disposal location. If your licensed waste disposal facility business would like to have additional waste disposal sites, you will need to apply for a permit.

Back to Top