Access LinkedIn Learning
If your agency uses Office 365
- Office 365 serves as a single sign-on for LinkedIn Learning. If your agency subscribes to O365 through OMES, you can access the platform through the Apps.
- In O365, select the App launcher grid in the upper left corner and choose the LinkedIn Learning icon .
- If you don't see the LinkedIn Learning icon , select the All Apps link and scroll down to the icon.
- You may get a pop-up box the first time you access LinkedIn Learning after activation that asks you to select between SAML-1 or SAML-JDMC. Unless you work for JD McCarty, choose SAML-1.
Access through the website
All State of Oklahoma full-time employees have unlimited access to the best-in-class LinkedIn Learning platform, an on-demand library of high-quality instructional videos with over 8,000 courses.
- Learn anytime, anywhere on desktop and mobile devices.
- New courses added every week.
- Up-to-date content taught by industry experts.
- Develop and enhance business, creative and technical skills.
- Become more proficient in programs such as Office 365 and Adobe.
- Cultivate soft skills.
- Follow a learning path taking you from beginner to expert in your topic of choice.
- Earn supervisory credit, CPE/CEUs and prepare for certifications.
Activate Your License
- If you haven’t received your LinkedIn Learning activation email, can’t find it or it has expired, contact the OMES Service Desk to receive a new one.
- At the bottom of the activation email, select the Get Started button and follow the instructions.
- You will be asked to link your LinkedIn Learning license to your LinkedIn account. You can choose to link it now or skip it, as you can link them at any time.
Find What You Need
So many topics, courses, videos … how do I find what I need? LinkedIn Learning has provided a few ways to assist you in finding what fits your needs.
Looking for a very specific piece of knowledge? Microlearning may be what you need. LinkedIn Learning has thousands of short videos (3-15 minutes) that are available just for this purpose.
Search Example: Pivot tables in Excel
Have a general idea of what you want to explore? LinkedIn Learning has a robust search function that will pull courses and videos on that topic.
Search Example: Strategic Thinking
Would you like to prepare for a certification, acquire continuing professional education for certifications you already have or find a learning path in a certain topical area? You can search for those, too. This type of search will provide you with multiple courses to meet your needs.
Search Example: NASBA CPE
Search Example: CompTIA Certification
Search Example: Learning Paths Digital Transformation
Want to know all that’s available? Select the browse icon to the left of the search field. From there you can choose categories to narrow your search.