COVID-19 is a novel (or new) coronavirus not previously seen in humans. To find out more about the disease and its origin, visit cdc.gov.
Frequently asked questions on COVID-19
According to CDC, people with COVID-19 report a wide range of symptoms ranging from mild to severe.
Visit the CDC website to stay up to date on the developing COVID-19 pandemic, to find a detailed list of symptoms and to complete a self-check.
If you believe you might have been exposed to COVID-19 or have any concerning symptoms, call your primary care physician or health care provider right away. Your doctor is in the best position to advise you on needed care.
Based on currently available information and clinical expertise, older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
For more information and for other populations who may need to take extra precautions, visit cdc.gov.
MEMBER SUPPORT AND COVERAGE
HealthChoice is waiving member cost sharing, including copays, deductible and coinsurance, for you and your covered family members for the following through Oct. 31, 2021:
- COVID-19 Diagnostic Visits: HealthChoice is waiving your out-of-pocket costs for COVID-19-related diagnostic visits whether it is in a provider’s office, a virtual visit (telehealth), urgent care or emergency room.
- COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing: HealthChoice is waiving your out-of-pocket costs for all FDA-approved tests to determine if you currently have COVID-19 when performed by any eligible laboratory.
Antibody testing, also known as serology testing, checks your blood for antibodies and may show if you had a previous infection with the virus. Depending on when someone was infected and the timing of the test, the test may find antibodies in someone with a current COVID-19 infection.
HealthChoice is waiving member cost sharing, including copays, deductible and coinsurance, for antibody tests that have a current FDA Emergency Use Authorization.
Visit the cdc.gov for more information on antibody testing.
Through Oct. 31, 2021, HealthChoice is waiving member cost sharing, including copays, deductible and coinsurance, for treatment of an illness related to COVID-19 that results in the need for standard covered medical treatment, regardless of where the services take place. HealthChoice will reimburse providers the full sum of HealthChoice allowable amounts. For contracted network providers and facilities, this means no costs are assigned to you for covered medical services. For non-network providers, you could be billed for the difference between the provider’s billed charges and the amount HealthChoice pays.
NOTE: Drugs must be FDA-approved for coverage.
If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or want to get tested, please first contact your primary care physician. If you do not have a PCP or cannot visit your doctor, your local county health department is available for testing.
Visit coronavirus.health.ok.gov/testing-sites to find information about your health department and its specific testing procedures.
HealthChoice is covering all services that can be effectively performed through a virtual visit. This includes virtual check-ins and e-visits through your doctor’s patient portal, urgent and routine medical care, outpatient behavioral care, and physical, occupational and speech therapies (This list is not all-inclusive).
For covered virtual medical care visits, HealthChoice will consider these to be the same as an in-person visit.
- For network visits, HealthChoice is waiving member cost sharing through Oct 31, 2021. For contracted network providers and facilities, this means no costs are assigned to you for covered medical services. You may be responsible for non-covered services. (Some restrictions apply.)
- For non-network visits, standard plan provisions such as copays, deductible and coinsurance apply unless the visit is related to diagnostic testing or treatment of COVID-19. Non-network services are subject to balance billing charges.
- Effective Aug. 1, 2021, standard plan provisions such as copays, deductible and coinsurance apply to Mental Health/Substance Use Disorder Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) and Mental Health/substance Use Disorder Partial Hospital Program (PHP). Telehealth services will no longer apply for these services.
The HealthChoice Dental Plan is also covering virtual dental visits with no member cost sharing through June 30, 2020. Non-network services are subject to balance billing by the provider.
Check with your doctor to find out if they offer virtual care visits. If not, HealthChoice members can access telemedicine services through SwiftMD at no cost.* SwiftMD can diagnose and treat many common illnesses, injuries and minor medical issues over the phone or by videoconference.
*Fees have been waived for HDHP members from now through Dec. 31, 2021.
HealthChoice Customer Care member advocates are available at toll-free 800-323-4314 (TTY 711) to help with any billing concerns or issues.
If you have gone to a non-network provider or facility and received a bill for a COVID-19 test or treatment, they have the right to bill for charges that exceed the HealthChoice reimbursement amount. However, they may be willing to work with you or waive those costs. A HealthChoice member advocate can provide you with more information on options and next steps.