74 O.S. § 85.45p. Intent
The intent of the Oklahoma Online Bidding Act is:
- To provide increased economy in state government procurement activities and to maximize to the fullest extent practicable the purchasing value of state monies while ensuring that procurements are the most advantageous to state agencies;
- To foster effective broad-based competition for state procurement within the free enterprise system;
- To modernize state statutes governing state government procurement and permit the continued development of explicit and thoroughly considered procurement policies and practices;
- To ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all persons who deal with state government procurement processes and to promote increased public confidence in state government procurement procedures; and
- To provide an ongoing funding source for new and innovative electronic procurement practices that would otherwise not be possible due to previous funding practices and guidelines.