New Insurance Coordinators
• EGID.• Member services.• Resources.• IC trainings.
The Oklahoma Office of Management and Enterprise Services Employees Group Insurance Division was created and is governed by Oklahoma law. Its purpose is to provide health, dental, vision, life and disability benefits to state, local government and education employees and other entities designated by statute, as well as the retirees and dependents from these groups.
EGID would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to learn the rules, regulations, forms and electronic systems needed to be an effective insurance coordinator for your employer and employees. We understand your duties as an IC are just part of your responsibilities, and our goal is to make your continuing experience with us as easy as possible.
Member services is charged with assisting employees and ICs with the annual Option Period, answering benefit and eligibility questions, and providing general information regarding insurance coverage for the plans offered through EGID.
For general questions or non-urgent issues, call member services at 405-717-8780 or toll-free 800-752-9475, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central time. TTY users call 711.
- Member services group management specialist – The specialist assigned to your account is your personal source for guidelines, eligibility, forms, meetings and all other group insurance related information. Keep your specialist’s contact information handy for when you need assistance. The easiest way to contact your specialist is by email.
- EGID website – To access the EGID website, go to omes.ok.gov, hover over Services on the top navigation bar and select Employees Group Insurance Division from the menu. You can find current EGID news and materials, the EGID calendar, the IC webpage, Administrative Rules, legal notices and more.
- IC webpage – On the EGID website, go to Coordinators under the Resources section, then select Insurance Coordinators. You can access reminders, forms, and retirement and COBRA materials, as well as request other materials. Sensitive information, such as certain COBRA forms, can be accessed only after you register for web enrollment. You can log in through the application link on the IC webpage.
- Insurance Coordinator Manual – This convenient, online manual is maintained on the IC webpage.
- IC Option Period meetings – Held throughout the state in September, these meetings provide information about insurance options for the upcoming plan year.
EGID holds numerous trainings throughout the year, including:
- New IC Training – Available as an online webinar, you can register through the EGID website calendar. You can also request that your group management specialist come to your site for a one-on-one session. Training includes information from this manual and provides the basic information you need to successfully perform your duties as an IC.
- Employer Self-Service Training – You are strongly encouraged to take this training so you can process enrollments and eligibility changes using EGID’s Employer Self-Service application instead of mailing or faxing forms to EGID for processing. Upon completion of training, web support sends you a link to register for access to the Employer Self-Service application.
- Spring Training – Offered by group management as an annual refresher course, training sessions are available by webinar. Spring Training provides opportunities to voice comments or suggestions you have about EGID plans or materials.
- Option Period Training – Offered by group management to provide training to coordinators and members in reference to Option Period plan changes. Training sessions are available by webinar and at various locations across the state; or upon special request.