Positions in this family are involved in professional level work teaching standard academic or commercial subjects in a state school, hospital, facility or institution. This includes writing teaching plans, providing individual and group instruction, and participating in staff development training sessions.
- Prepares subject-specific lesson plans.
- Provides group classroom instruction for a specific grade level or subject and prepares and administers examinations.
- Encourages student learning through individual instruction, encouragement, counseling and guidance.
- Prepares progress reports and attendance reports for administrative review and report cards for individual students.
- Maintains order and discipline among students in the classroom and on school grounds; may direct social and recreational activities.
- Maintains inventory of books and supplies.
- Participates in staff meetings and provides reports on student progress.
Level I: Code: Z11A Salary Band: I
This job family consists of only one level and employees are responsible for performing all functions to provide instruction to students in standard academic or commercial subjects. In this role they will provide classroom teaching, maintain order and discipline, prepare test papers, grade tests, and provide individual progress assessment. They will also participate in staff development training sessions, direct student activities and perform related administrative functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required include knowledge of principles, practices and materials used in the education of children; ability is required to instruct at a specified grade level or in a specialized field; and of the content matter in the specific field of knowledge. Ability is required to supervise and instruct pupils; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to organize and present lesson plans clearly and concisely; and to refine lesson objectives.
Education and Experience requirements consist of possession of a current Oklahoma Teaching Certificate.
Some positions may require certification in a specific field of instruction.