Reproduction Services Manager
Positions in this classification are responsible for managing a full-service printing and reproduction shop for an agency.
The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following.
- Directly supervises the work of section supervisors.
- Plans and maintains the production schedule for printing, photography and various other reproduction services; determines priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Develops and/or monitors budgetary allocations for reproduction services.
- Consults with agency staff or external customers concerning needs and availability of services.
- Establishes policies and procedures related to reproduction services.
- Establishes quality control standards; determines economical and efficient methods of production.
The Reproduction Services Manager job family consists of only one level with incumbent employees generally responsible for performing all of the essential functions indicated in directing and supervising printing and reproduction services in a full-service print shop.
LEVEL I: Code: E37A Salary Band: L
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required include knowledge of various types of printing, duplication and binding methods, equipment and materials; of the technical processes used in printing and duplicating; of supervisory techniques; and of the state budgetary process. Ability is required to organize and manage work flow; to develop policies and procedures; to supervise and train staff; to implement quality control methods; and to estimate costs and manage a budget.
Education and Experience requirements consist of five years of experience in printing, graphic reproduction or photography, including one year in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOTE: No substitution will be allowed for the one year of supervisory experience.